Saturday, January 8, 2011

CONTENTMENT...Good for the soul...

Sometimes one phone call can change a person's whole day...
I had planned on taking down Christmas decorations
(I know, I know, it's January 8) and getting my house back to normal....

Hubby had planned on figuring a job, watching football, and possibly working in the yard...

But you know what they say about "the best-laid plans of mice and men"...
(I'm not sure who "they" are)...

He did watch football...




And I did bake a cake I've been wanting to bake for a long time...

Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese Coconut Icing...

from SCRATCH...


Recipe from the December issue of Family Circle magazine...


Hubby did cook chicken leg quarters on the Big Green Egg...

I even painted....

Contentment.....Good for the Soul...



Happy New Year!
-Mug
P.S. My Christmas decorations are still up...My mother would say we are waiting for the wise men to come....but I think Epiphany on the church calendar was January 6:)
I'm trying to allow the Lord to "order my days" without me interfering...:)







6 comments:

  1. This is a great feeling indeed!
    Happy New Year, Mug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything about this post seems to indicate it was a Fantabulous day. The cake looks delish. The paintings are great! Love the feet splashin' in the puddles....that could be me! I love to walk/play in the rain :) Contentment.....there's really nothing quite like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I like how you've redecorated over here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, there'll be plenty of time to take down decorations...some things are just more important! It looks like you had the best day of all.
    I love your paintings. So whimsical and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ALL, my friends!!! You have made my day by commenting so quickly! I'll be checking out your posts later today (providing we still have power...freezing rains and temperatures are in the forecast for later today and tomorrow which usually wreaks havoc in south Alabama!)...Have to run to Sunday school now:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! Hadleigh is VERY cute! And the cake looks delish. I need that recipe, please :)

    ReplyDelete